Legal Paperwork For Your Wedding In Greece

You should start collecting your paperwork about 3 months prior to your wedding and you will send us the documents at least 1 month before your wedding in Greece.


For European Citizens

Each of you will require the following:

  • Photocopies of your passports (Bride And Groom)
  • Certified Birth Certificate with an Apostille stamp, translated into Greek
  • A “Single Status” letter or letter of No Impediment endorsed with Apostille stamp. “Single Status” is a document issued from your local registrar office and insures that there is no problem to get married for the both of you.
  • Decree Absolute – if any of the parties is divorced, a certified copy of the Decree Absolute must be obtained. 
  • If any of the parties is a widower, a Death Certificate must be obtained.
  •  In the case of adoption of one or both parties, this certificate must be presented. These papers needs translation into Greek and must endorsed with Apostille stamp.
  • 2 witnesses must be present, with their ID-cards or passports


All the above documents need to be authenticated by your local Greek Embassy or Consulate.

I would like to inform you that all the documents will be kept in your marriage file in the city hall.